Send your Feedback on ways to improve education in the Long County School System
Have you checked your student's grades lately?
Curriculum and Instruction
PARENTS HAVE THE RIGHT...
- to know the professional qualifications of their child's teacher(s) including the degrees and certifications held, and whether the teacher is certified in their respective area of instruction.
- to know the school improvement status of the school.
- to know the level of achievement of their child in each area of the state assessment.
- to know if their child has been assigned, or has been taught for at least four consecutive weeks, by a teacher who does not meet the highly qualified definition.
- to be involved in the planning, writing policies/plans on parent involvement, and implementation of the parent involvement program at the district and school level
- to training that affords you with substantial and meaningful opportunities to participate in your child's education
- Smiley Elementary School - Spanish
Parent and Family Engagement Policy
Parental Involvement Plans
- Smiley Elementary School - Spanish
School Improvement Plans
Title I School Improvement Plans
Title I School Brochures
Parent/Family Engagement Coordinator
Office No.: 545-7841
A Parents guide to New Tests in Georgia
For more information on Georgia's new assessments, visit:
For More information on College and Career Ready Performance Standards, visit:
Here is a public practice site for the new Georgia Tests - End-of-Grade and End-of-Course
follow us at Long County Schools Parental Engagement
Georgia Milestones Assessment System
Preview a video available on the Georgia Milestones website at:
Helping parents understand the new testing procedures in the State of Georgia.
A Guide to Middle School Transition.
Click on various links for valuable resources on helping your child make the transition into middle school.
Click on link for valuable resources on helping your child make the transition into school.
Parent Toolkit is an award winning resource from the NBC News team that helps parents navigate their child’s journey from Pre-Kindergarten through High School. They have recently unveiled their first series of original Parent Toolkit videos. The site is also full of all kinds of resources like growth charts, tips, guides, and even Parent Toolkit app. All of the pieces in the first series are available in both English and Spanish.
High School is Happening….
A Guide for FAMILIES on
High School Transition!
generates a personalized reading list tailored to a students interests and reading level
provides free access to a library of more than 8,000 enhanced digital books with multimedia supports
Georgia Public Library Service offers a searchable catalog of books for kids by specific subject
This website is an informational resource for parents, students, teachers and staff with a goal to provide relevant, accurate and timely information. Please feel free to email the webmaster if you have any updates, changes, broken links, or recommendations for improvement.
Long County Schools | 468 S. McDonald Street | P.O. Box 428 | Ludowici GA | PH (912) 545-2367 | FAX (912) 545-2380
Official Website of Long County School System (Sponsored by Title I)
Long County School System
P.O. BOX 428 | 468 S. MCDONALD STREET | LUDOWICI, GA 31316
TEL: (912) 545-2367 | FAX: (912) 545-2380
Parent Tips: How to Help Your Child Prepare for Standardized Tests
Standardized tests currently play a major role in the United States public schools. Your child may take one or more standardized tests during the school year, and your child's teacher may spend class time on test preparation throughout the year. As a parent, there are a number of ways that you can support your child before and after taking a standardized test, ... read more